Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Oh What?

Myofascial Release – what is that?  Many people can’t pronounce Myofascial and have never heard of this practice before.  Fortunately for her students, Judy Hudson can not only pronounce Myofascial, Judy Hudson is one of the few physical therapists trained in the John Barnes Myofascial method. 
 The fascia is a tough connective tissue which spreads throughout the entire body from head to toe without interruption.  John Barnes is an internationally recognized physical therapist, lecturer, author, and the leading authority on Myofascial Release.  Through his 50 years of experience and creative insight, he has developed an innovative and highly effective whole body approach for the evaluation and treatment of pain and dysfunction.
As one of her students says:
 “I had been successfully working with Judy Hudson for treatment of back pain with private Pilates lessons and semi-private group sessions. After making tremendous progress in a short time, I inquired about trying a Myofascial session to see if this would further increase the progress I was making.  Unsure of what to expect, I was delighted with the experience.  Almost like a meditation combined with physical sensation, I felt my body releasing the tension I was holding on to. As Judy pressed onto key release points, I could feel sensations of previous pain melting away from my body.  For days after the session, I felt energized, cleansed, uplifted, physically and mentally strong, clear-minded and incredibly healthy.   I can’t wait for the next session.”    

No comments:

Post a Comment