Sunday, November 18, 2012

Time and Energy

 With so much going on in our everyday lives and in the world, it’s often a struggle to maintain the energy levels we need to get so much done and to have a mind free of stress.  There’s work, home, children, spouses, and so many more things that need our constant attention.  Then there’s the stress created by constantly trying to find the balance to hold everything together.  Finding time for you is often hard but necessary and this time should be spent wisely. Many students find that Pilates is a wonderful mix of an intensive, injury-preventive workout that creates or strengthens a mind-body connection.  
As one student puts it,
“I always made time to attend classes at the gym or to go for a run.  I always had a sense I was doing some exercises improperly and that my posture while running was a bit off.  I figured doing exercise with a slightly incorrect form was better for my body and mind than no exercise at all.
Once I started Pilates with Judy Hudson, I realized that learning correct posture and awakening and connecting my core, had such an incredible impact on my physicality.  I carry what I learn at Easton Pilates to my other workouts, making them much more efficient and requiring less time to get better results.  I not only feel more connected and aware of my body and core, I feel mentally stronger and calmer as well, making all aspects of my life better.”     

No comments:

Post a Comment